Keep Ben in the News

Take one healthy child, call it something nice...
Scrub away the grime, negotiate a price...

Touched by Adoption

Touched by Adoption
Dont ask stupid questions

Old Wounds  

Tuesday 28 August 2007

Since starting my blog a week ago my emotions have been all over the place. It's been a little over a year since I packed my adoption box away. It was supposed to be closure for me

Adoption had dominated my life for as long as I could remember. I had always said to myself that if I found my real mum I would be complete. What a load of bollocks that was!
Finding her meant finding out every single thing I had ever been told had been lies. Getting my head around that at the same time as getting to know my real family was too much.
I did what I do best, I ran away from the situation. I cut all contact with my real family. I have never told my adoptive mum that I have found my real mum or that I know the truth. My intention was to stick two fingers up to the world and say stuff, so what! I was going to live my life adoption free.
Free, what a joke that is. Adoption binds you up in chains and never lets go! My adoption box is open again. I have been looking through it for things to post and have either ended up crying, (I always feel pathetic if I cry over any part of my adoption) or wanting to kill some one!
I am going to continue with my blog because sticking two fingers up and saying stuff it, so what, is like saying it doesn't matter that I was taken from my family and given away in the hope that the shame surrounding my birth remained a dirty secret.
Well it's not OK. I deserved the right to be me! not have someone scrub me out of existence and reinvent me like some new and improved model! My blog will probably be a mish mash of times dates and events, not to mention my crazy thoughts. Putting everything in order would be impossible because my head doesn't know the meaning of the word!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post


4 comments: to “ Old Wounds

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster